The Department of Agriculture under the School of Smart Agriculture at Adamas University is established in 2021 to meet the increasing demand for skilled persons in technology-based agriculture sectors. The department aims to converge modern engineering technology with traditional agricultural knowledge to offer superior programs for the students who would work for the development of Indian agricultural sector.
To achieve global standard and excellence in academia and research on interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary domains of agricultural sciences and attaining new heights in technological innovation along with producing global citizens as graduates through intensive teaching-learning process who would be forerunner to sustainable societal development.
- To disseminate knowledge of agricultural science for scholarly progression, intellectual development and strive for innovation.
- To enable latest skill sets in the domain of agricultural sciences with ability to evolve and engage in learn-unlearn and relearn, being a lifelong learner.
- To establish state of art infrastructure and research ambiance in attracting the best minds to serve under the single roof of School of Smart Agriculture in undertaking scientific and technological investigation of highest social importance.
- To inculcate values, culture along with scientific knowledge to foster the spirit of self-reliance and entrepreneurship development.
- Course structure developed based on the guidelines by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- Research-driven, technology-based, industry-recommended, placement-oriented curriculum.
- Industry-relevant training with a focus on quality control and quality assurance.
- Regular workshops, seminar, conferences – national and international.
- Peer-reviewed literature presentation and journal clubs.
- Real-world troubleshooting exercises.
- Perfect blend of traditional courses and technology-based courses like artificial intelligence, drone technology, robotics, smart farming, etc.
- Interdisciplinary research encompassing agriculture, medical, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, environmental, data science, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Development of entrepreneurial skills through industry-recommended projects.
- Community service and social responsibility via awareness programs related to crop development, crop health, and other innovative solutions for societal issues.